Arden Hills, Minn., Aug. 2, 2023 – Truterra, LLC, a leading agricultural sustainability business that offers consultation, tools and solutions for the ag and food value chain, today announced the launch of four new data-driven regional and crop-specific programs to support farmers as they adopt regenerative growing practices.
The offerings include a long-awaited solution for long-term adopters, Truterra’s first cotton-specific program, first nitrogen management program following a successful pilot and more. These programs build on Truterra’s mission to support farmers wherever they are on their sustainability journey and provide flexible, farmer-friendly programs.
“Everything Truterra does is with the farmer at the center, backed by the network of ag retailers they trust,” said Tom Ryan, President of Truterra. “Each of these programs is designed to support farmers as they adopt customized conservation management practices to help them make the best informed agronomic, economic and environmental decisions for their farms.”
Truterra’s new 2023 sustainability programs include:
Field Data Management – Cotton
– Truterra’s Cotton Field Data Management program is available for eligible Tennessee farmers to enroll in the heart of the cotton belt.
– In exchange for providing field management data and signing a one-year commitment, eligible farmers will receive compensation as well as exposure to the transformative power of data-driven agriculture.
– This program provides a critical entry point for farmers at the start of their sustainability journeys, enabling them to try a sustainability program without agreeing to a long-term commitment.
Field Data Management – Wheat
– Truterra’s Wheat Field Data Management program is available to eligible farmers in Ohio, Maryland and Kansas at the start of their sustainability journeys, with wheat in rotation between 2018-2023.
– As part of this flexible one-year commitment, eligible enrolled farmers may be compensated for providing field data management and receive insights for enrolled acres while building the baseline data required to potentially participate in future Truterra™ programs.
Supply Shed Benefits
– This program offers a long-awaited solution for long-term adopters of sustainable practices.
– Farmers in Indiana are eligible if they have implemented strip-till or no-till and/or added cover crops on fields with corn. The practice must be in place for crop year 2023, regardless of the date of practice change.
– Eligible farmers who participate in the 2023 Truterra™ supply shed benefits program could potentially receive $5/acre while also building the baseline data required to potentially participate in future Truterra™ programs.
Nitrogen Management Incentive
– Truterra’s Nitrogen Management Incentive is available for eligible farmers with corn fields in Illinois having met the qualifying practice changes.
– This is the first nitrogen reduction incentive program for Truterra and completely independent of tillage reduction or addition of cover crops, which builds on Truterra’s purpose to meet the farmer where they’re at on their sustainability journey.
– The program is designed to be flexible in how a farmer may be incentivized, with either the reduction of fertilizer and/or addition of stabilizer.
– This program is targeting an important GHG that is more than 270x more potent than CO2.
Beyond these new programs, Truterra also offers a range of solutions for farmers, from a soil health assessment, which provides a comprehensive report with actionable insights for farmers to understand the biological, chemical and physical health of their fields, and then create a roadmap for improving their soil health, to our farmer-centric, retail-driven carbon program. Sustainability is not a one-sized-fits-all approach and Truterra is committed to supporting farmers with customized tools, insights and pathways to plan, make and maintain regenerative practices on their operations for the long-term.
To learn more about these new programs and the range of Truterra services visit https://www.truterraag.com/enroll.
About Truterra, LLC
Truterra is a leading sustainability solutions provider, advancing and connecting sustainability efforts throughout the food system at scale – from farmers to ag retailers to value chain collaborators including food and fiber companies. Truterra positions farmers for success by providing them tools and resources to establish a stewardship baseline, track progress on every field they farm, access conservation resources, and prepare for ecosystem services market opportunities. The Truterra network brings together the best in agricultural technology and precision conservation to drive sustainability across the food system, feeding people, safeguarding the planet, and supporting farmer livelihoods. Truterra was launched in 2016 by Land O’Lakes, Inc., a member-owned cooperative that spans the spectrum from agricultural production to consumer foods. To learn more, visit www.TruterraAg.com.