Iowa and national ag commodity leaders kicked off the first in a series of AgTalks virtual town hall meetings to discuss the future of agriculture, with a focus on trade and supply chains.
Future meetings will be held over the next few weeks in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. The AgTalks initiative is sponsored by Farmers for Free Trade, the National Milk Producers Federation, the Corn Refiners Association, the National Corn Growers Association, the U.S. Dairy Export Council, the National Association of State Departments of Agriculture (NASDA), the Iowa Soybean Association, Minnesota AgriGrowth, the Plant Based Products Council, KCoe Isom and World Strategies.
Participants in the Iowa meeting were:
• Sara Wyant, President, Agri-Pulse Communications, Moderator
• Kevin Ross, President, National Corn Growers Association
• Jim Sutter, CEO, U.S. Soybean Export Council
• Mary Andringa, Chair of the Board, Vermeer Corporation
• Brent Shanks, Director, Center for Biorenewable Chemicals, Iowa State University
• Craig Willis, Senior Vice President of Global Markets, Growth Energy
AgTalks Iowa Virtual Town Hall (72:00)