The American Wind Energy Association (AWEA) has released the Third Quarter 2015 U.S. Wind Industry Market Report. The report includes the latest market data including the most up-to-date numbers for installed wind capacity, under construction activity, power purchase agreements, and more.
Speakers during the press call discussed the importance of transmission in bringing wind energy to new parts of the U.S. and the growing trend of non-utility groups signing long-term contracts for low-cost wind energy, a major driver of new growth this past quarter.
On the call were:
- Rob Gramlich, SVP, Government and Public Affairs, AWEA
- Michael Skelly, President and CEO, Clean Line Energy
- Kevin Helmich, Managing Director, Midwest and Eastern Origination, Iberdrola Renewables
- Charles Esdaile, Managing Partner, Altenex
- John Hensley, Manager, Industry Data & Analysis, AWEA
- Hannah Hunt, Senior Research Analyst, AWEA
Listen to the full press conference here: U.S. Wind Industry 3rd Quarter Report Launch