Americans United for Change (AUFC) held a press conference this morning to release poll results from 8 battleground states showing voter concern about climate change and strong support for the Clean Power Plan. States surveyed included: Virginia, Florida, Ohio, New Hampshire, Colorado, Nevada, Minnesota, and Pennsylvania. Climate advocates will also call on Republican Attorney Generals preparing to sue the EPA over the new public health standards and the do-nothing Republicans in Congress to stop putting polluters over people and act on climate change.
According to Americans United for Change, Republicans who say no to the Clean Power Plan are saying no to the average American saving nearly $85 a year on their energy bill, preventing health impacts like asthma attacks, heart attacks other air pollution-related illnesses, preventing 3,600 premature deaths every year, and paving the way for 250,000 new jobs.
The PPP polls were commissioned by AUFC.
Participants of the call included:
- Brad Woodhouse, President, Americans United for Change
- Tom Jensen, Director, Public Policy Polling (PPP)
- Daniel Weiss, Senior Vice President for Campaigns, League of Conservation Voters
- Debbie Sease, National Campaign Director for the Sierra Club
- Christopher Hale, Executive Director, Catholics in Alliance for the Common Good
Listen to the full press conference here: CCP Battleground Poll Results Presser