Fuels America hosted a briefing on the Hill (Washington, D.C.) to give an update on the so-called “blend wall,” on July 11, 2013. Energy experts and biofuel industry representatives discussed the need to provide consumer choice at the pump. Other topics discussed during the event included: benefits of renewable fuel; penetration of new fuels like E15 and cellulosic ethanol into the marketplace; compliance flexibility; and Renewable Identification Numbers (RINs).
Panelists for the event included:
- Tom Buis, CEO, Growth Energy
- Dr. Andy Randolph, Engine Technical Director, Richard Childress Racing
- Brent Erickson, Executive Vice President, Industrial and Environmental Section Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- Bruce Vollan, Midway Service, Inc.
- Bob Casper, President, POET Ethanol Products
You can listen to the Hill briefing, “Surmountable Blend Wall” here: Surmountable Blend Wall